FHA Loan Requirements
To qualify for an FHA home loan, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- A 3.5 percent down payment if your credit score is 580 or higher
- A 10 percent down payment if your credit score is 500-579
- A debt-to-income ratio of 50% or less
- Documented, steady employment and income
- You’ll live in the home as your primary residence
- You have not had a foreclosure in the last three years
These FHA loan requirements are a lot more lenient than other mortgages.
Overall, these guidelines make it possible to buy a house with FHA even if you don’t have a super high credit score or a ton of money saved up.
FHA Property Requirements
- Your loan can’t exceed the loan amount limits in your area. Check your area for thee limits.
- The home must meet the FHA’s minimum property standards:
- Safety – the home shouldn’t affect the health and safety of the people who live there.
- Security – the property needs to be secure.
- Soundness – the home shouldn’t have defects that affect its structural integrity.
- When buying a home, you’ll need to move in within 60 days of closing.
- It must be your primary residence. Investment properties and second homes don’t qualify for FHA loans.
FHA loans are available for people with credit scores of 580 or higher and down payments as low as 3.5%. This makes these loans more accessible than other mortgages.
GET QUALIFIED TODAY!
Don't wait! Qualify for your NEW Home Purchase!
Call Today 866-771-0489 or Apply Online
Reach out to our FHA Lending Experts.
Let us help you see how an FHA Loan can help you get into that new house. Our qualified and knowledgable experts can assist you with your home loan questions. Complete the simple contact form and one of our FHA experts will contact you quickly and promptly.